Marriage and Nikah Services
Family life is the building block of a successful society, and marriage is an occasion of great joy in the Muslim community. Hounslow Jamia Masjid facilitates the solemnisation of an Islamic contract of marriage. The newly-married couple are provided with an official 'Nikah' certificate to show they have been married according to Islamic Law.
The Nikah fee is currently £50 if carried out within the Masjid and £100 if carried out outside the Masjid.
We recommend that Nikah is booked at least 3 weeks prior to the planned date. Please also be aware that the summer months are a busy time for Nikah ceremonies so please book well in advance to avoid disappointment.
To book a Nikah please complete the booking form at the bottom and post it to: Hounslow Jamia Masjid & Islamic Centre, 367 Wellingrton Road South, TW4 5HU or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also take your time to read through the Policy form before proceeding. For any immediate enquiries, hyou may contact the Imam (Imam Rafique Ahmed Misbahi) on 07888 756028.
Documents and information required before Nikah:
- Passport or Driving Licence - we need your passport or driving licence as a photo ID.
- Proof of Address - we need your current utility bill or bank statement as a proof of address.
- Date of Nikah.
- Preferred Time - Hounslow Jamia Masjid will do their utmost to meet preferred times, however, there will be occasions when this may not be possible.
- Birth Certificates - For the Bride and Bridegroom. If names have changed the Original copy of the Deed Poll.
- Divorcees - Decree Absolute & Talak Documents in accordance with Islamic Sharia.
- Widow/Widower - Former spouses' death certificate.
**As of October 2017 we are now able to offer English civil marriages within the Mosque in addition to the Islamic Nikah. This is a huge step for the Mosque Alhumdulillah. Please speak to the Management and Imams for more details**
We are pleased to offer our Marriage service for Muslims of all ages and backgrounds. Clients find their ideal partner via the mosque's Marriage Bureau volunteers using a database of registered prospective partners and initiated meetings.
To find out more and to register, please click below