Mosque reopening 2nd December
Posted on: 30 November 2020
*REOPENING OF HOUNSLOW JAMIA MASJID*
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu
Dear respected members of the community,
Hounslow Jamia Masjid will reopen to the public from 6am on Wednesday 2nd December in shaa’Allah.
Covid-19 is still an existent threat and we will be treating it as such. There will be several restrictions in place for the safety of all. This will be the new normal for the foreseeable future and we request your support in implementing these measures. It is both a collective and individual duty upon us all to do whatever we can to prevent the spread of the virus
The Masjid will open 30 minutes before each prayer and close after the conclusion of the obligatory prayer. We will revisit this after 2 weeks of this reopening
*Friday Jumu’ah Prayers:*
Via online booking (please check our webiste and social media pages every Monday for the booking link). Three prayer times: 12.30pm, 1.00pm, 1.30pm. Please help the staff and your fellow brothers by respecting this process.
Please remember that, there will be limitation in the numbers attending the Mosque for prayers due to social distancing requirements.
*Once the maximum capacity is reached, there will be no further admittance into the Mosque.*
We request your understanding and cooperation.
Those who are vulnerable and have pre existing health conditions are recommended NOT to attend.
_People are required to adhere to the following guidelines: _
• *Temperature checks* will be mandatory at the entrance. If you have a high temperature you will not be permitted into the Mosque. Please understand that the health of yourself and others is a priority.
• *Sign In* will be required before proceeding to the prayer hall. This is a governmental requirement. Please assist the staff in this matter
• *Make ablution* (Wudu) at home. The Wudu and toilet area will be closed.
• *Bring your shoe bag*. The shoe racks will be temporarily sealed off. Keep your shoes beside you when you pray (we will be provided disposable bags for the first few days only).
• *Follow the one way system* in place - there will be one entrance and one exit point
• *Use the hand sanitisers* provided when you enter the Mosque building and when you leave.
• *Bring your own Mushaf* - the bookshelves and literature holders will be sealed off.
• *Wear a mask* - this is a strong recommendation.
• *Observe social distancing rules*
• *Observe signage* and pray only on the marked prayer mats. Each mat will be disinfected after the prayer
• *Masjid will open thirty minutes before the Adhan.*
• *The Masjid will be closed after each prayer.*
• *Pray and Go system in the Masjid.* No staying. No socialisation. No hand shaking.
• *Pray Sunnah & Nawafil at home.*
• *If you think, you may have Covid-19* do not come to the Mosque.
• *If you think you have been in contact with someone who may have Covid-19,* do not come to the Mosque.
Please contact your GP immediately if you meet the last two criteria.
The timings for funeral services will be staggered to avoid any possible cross over with congregational prayers. The maximum attendance permitted is 30 in line with governmental and health guidance.
Nikah services will resume with a maximum of 15 guests. All documents need to be presented to avoid any unnecessary delays. We will not be holding any tables service on site but are available to cater for any takeaway menu
- Onsite Educational Programmes (excluding the Mardassah) will also continue to be suspended until further notice.
Hounslow Jamia Masjid Management